Create Joy in a Broken World
In a world filled with distress, anxiety and fighting, the Buddha’s teachings offer a powerful path to inner peace, compassion, and wisdom. As our world experiences greater chaos, Shantideva Center’s work becomes increasingly important in educating people on how to create the causes of happiness.
Help us raise $10,000 by December 31, 2023!
Your generosity will go even further this year! A donor will match 10% of your funds to support animal liberation. This way, we can keep all living beings in our hearts, while supporting your own longevity by creating the karma to save others' lives.Donate via MindBodyDonate via PayPal or Debit/Credit Card
You can also help us save on financial charges by donating via Zelle (send it to firstname.lastname@example.org), or via check (make it out to “Shantideva Center”). Please memo it for “Annual Appeal”. Mailing address is at the bottom of the page. Thank you!
* as of Dec 31
“Seek to be an oasis of caring and concern as you live your life.”
– HH Dalai Lama
Your contribution will help make a real difference.
- Preserve and share Buddhist teachings: Provide free, global access to authentic teachings that are accessible, diverse, and transformative. Support our teachers’ livelihoods in the process.
- Create harmony and friendship: Be part of a supportive and harmonious spiritual community where people cultivate kind speech and compassionate activity. Your funds will support new community-building activities in 2024.
- Empower individuals to find lasting joy: In a society that equates consumption with happiness, unlock our inner power to experience deep joy and insight, through experiential meditation.
- Address the root causes of suffering: Go beyond the superficial causes of suffering by supporting the flourishing of wisdom.
Let’s co-create a 2024 that is filled with joy. The future is in our hands.
“According to the Buddhist view, there is no human problem that cannot be solved by human beings.”
– Lama Yeshe
Save lives through your donation.
A community member will donate an additional 10% of all funds collected to FPMT’s Animal Liberation Fund. Your donation will receive an extra boost and create even greater merit.
This project saves animals about to be killed and exposes them to mantras and holy objects to benefit their consciousness. Due to the law of karma, supporting animal liberations creates the causes of long life for you, the animals, and those to whom the prayers are dedicated.
“Where there is a mind, there are feelings such as pain, pleasure, and joy. No sentient being wants pain; instead all want happiness.” – HH Dalai Lama
Shantideva Center is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, is led by volunteers, and abides by the highest standards of ethics in all of our activities.
Support diverse forms of Dharma:
Shantideva Center offers various options for different minds and walks of life:
- Levels: from beginner to advanced
- Teachers: featuring monastic and lay teachers with different approaches to the Dharma
- Formats: including teachings, dharma “office hours”, meditations, and pujas
- Focus Areas: including philosophy, emotional well-being, and practical advice
- Financial Support: free teachings plus options for people to make offerings at any level
- Geographical Reach: where people can join from around the world via Zoom
- Modalities: where people can learn live online, in-person, and via recordings on YouTube
“If you knew as I know the benefit of generosity, you would not let an opportunity go by without sharing.”
Receive Prosperity by Giving
According to the law of karma, generosity results in future abundance. Generosity combined with wisdom is also a Bodhisattva perfection.
Here is a teaching from Lama Zopa Rinpoche on the benefits of giving to the Dharma and to sentient beings. By practicing generosity with a pure motivation to benefit others, we help ensure that our own temporal and ultimate goals are met. We also enhance our ability to benefit others even more in the future, the peak result being full enlightenment.
For as long as space remains,
For as long as sentient beings remain,
Until then may I too remain,
To dispel the miseries of the world.
– Master Shantideva
“See everyone as precious and fulfilling all your wishes.”
– Lama Zopa Rinpoche