Fundamental Trainings To Cultivate Lasting Happiness
with Marina Vinyals and Hans Burghardt
“Fundamental trainings to cultivate lasting happiness” gradually unfolds as a journey along different topics:
1. The possibility of liberation starts by exploring how afflictions cloud our mind and our potential for well-being, thus producing suffering; and how by liberating ourselves from afflictions we can liberate ourselves from suffering and unlock our potential for happiness and well-being.
2. Inner satisfaction explores what struggles are we facing right now that keep us dissatisfied, and some mechanisms of dissatisfaction and satisfaction. We learn to cultivate inner satisfaction and contentment.
3. Cultivating ethics presents the importance of ethics in life and how it is a fundamental training in the path of liberation from suffering. We explore how to strengthen our ethical values in life.
4. Cultivating concentration presents the importance of being able to focus our attention and how concentration is a fundamental training in the path of liberation from suffering. We explore how to cultivate concentration in life.
5. Cultivating wisdom presents the importance of wisdom in life and how it is a fundamental training in the path of liberation from suffering. We explore how to start cultivating wisdom in life.
6. Expanding it to others expands the knowledge acquired so far about ourselves towards others, and explores the possibility of making room in our hearts and minds for all sentient beings and to develop them at their fullest, achieving full awakening with the highest aspiration of wishing to benefit all beings.
About the Teachers
Marina Brucet Vinyals holds a BA an a MA in Biochemistry and a PhD in Molecular Biology in Immunology from the University of Barcelona, where she also performed postdoctoral studies. After this, she decided to change research in the laboratory for research of the mind and its possibilities. To this aim, she completed a six-year full-time study program Masters Program of Advanced Buddhist Studies of Sutra and Tantra at Lama Tzong Khapa Institute, Italy. She studied with great Tibetan lamas such as His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Lama Jampa Monlam and Khensur Jampa Tegchok, amongst others, and has completed a one-year individual meditation retreat, among others. Presently, she combines continual development and meditation retreats with teaching meditation and Buddhist philosophy, at both general and specialized levels, with an approach that always takes into account the context and circumstances of Western life. She mainly teaches at Tushita Meditation Center Spain and other FPMT centers, and collaborates with SEE Learning (Emory University) in Spain.
Hans Burghardt holds a BA and a MA in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and a PhD from the University of Barcelona, where he spent seven years doing research. Since 2002, he meditates and is a student of great Buddhist masters including His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche, Lama Jampa Monlam, Khensur Jampa Tegchok amongst others. He has completed the Masters Program of Advanced Buddhist Studies of Sutra and Tantra at Istituto Lama Tzong Khapa (Italy) and has completed a one-year individual meditation retreat. He currently teaches meditation and Buddhism at Tushita Meditation Center Spain and other FPMT centers, and is co-founder and coordinator of the Initiative for an Emotional, Ethical, and Social Education, that promotes the establishment of Emory University’s SEE Learning in Spain.